!! POINT OF VIEW !!
by Akash Rajput
You know, the word “travelling” has some essence, feelings, and attachment for the people who have the passion to go beyond their comfort zone. There are many people with always a plan with them. Actually, I am also one of them. My brain always telling me to be lost in a world full of adventure, a plan to escape the traffic, crowds, work, offices everything. Think!! Is there any noise in your mind? Have you ever thought let’s just leave everything behind and travel across the world or even in your own country? The magic of travelling will surely ignite your passion for travelling.
” Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” ~ Helen Keller
My travelling experience taught me that, the more you travel, your lust for travelling will increase accordingly. All these are directly proportional to each other. Travelling for me is, “exploring myself” it helps me in finding a new me, every time I visit a new place, I discover a new Akash, one who is more curious this time, sharper this time, more focused, every time a new me, a better me.
My friends always told me “Bhai yaar tu law kyu kr rha?” “Photography will be better for you” “Tu na galat field mai aagya hai” and more such things. But I guess life is all about tasting a new version of you. You can’t always do things, that you like, there is a difference between passion and profession. In my case, I never want my passion to become my profession, in simple words, it will ruin things, it will ruin my peace. Maybe you have different opinions.
“We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” ~ Anais Nin
The real essence of travelling is when you go raw, no pre-bookings. You have to discover all of them by yourself. Everything will be new, I am not telling you that, don’t prepare yourself for your trip. But Why so much luxury? Why so much insecurity? Just go where you want to go. Travelling is all about exploring yourself.
You know, what is important for travelling? i.e., positive people around you, positivity an important tool for travelling, it will help you make a better and proper decision. A positive partner is like a good guide, who always motivate you for some more adventure.
Okay, I have given my viewpoint, but you know, what travelling do to you? What research shows? What happens if you travel? How it will affect you and your daily lifestyle? Is there any real magic of travelling? Actually, there are many more questions, you haven’t thought of.
But!! But!! How many Indians travel? How many Indian parents allow their children to travel with friends or take a solo trip? Any idea?? Let’s discuss this too.
86% of Indian households never take a trip, and 76% of Indians never eat out, shows India’s Citizen Environment & Consumer Economy’ (ICE 360° survey) this year. The survey covering 61,000 households is among the largest consumer economy surveys in the country.
Don’t you think this is something serious? Only 14% of Indians take a trip. I remember once my history teacher said, “As much we don’t travel in our country, more foreigners are travelling our country and knowing our culture”. After looking at the survey I guess that’s true.
Let’s share some interesting facts about the benefits of travelling. It’s not in just talk in the air, all these are scientifically proven thing. How travelling improves you.
Five Benefits of travelling
- Travelling makes you healthier.
- Don’t you think so, travelling makes you healthier and happier. According to the joint study from the Global Aging and Transamerica Center for Retirement Studies, in partnership with the U.S. Travel Association, travelling actually keeps you healthier and of course, if you are travelling then you will be happy too. A study found that women who vacation at least twice a year show a significantly lower risk of suffering a heart attack than those who only travel every six years or so. On the other hand, it is also true in the case of men. Men who do not take an annual vacation show a 20m percent higher risk of death and a 30 percent greater risk of heart disease.
2. Travelling enhances your creativity.
- Adam Galinsky, a professor at Columbia Business School who has authored several studies that investigate the concrete links between creativity and travelling. This what foreign research shows, but you know how creative we Indians are, still travelling makes us creative, when a new language hit your ears, your senses will activate. Like what was that? A new place, a new habitat will hit you. New stimuli will hit your senses. And a new food, a new taste, your tongue will taste after ages. In short everything will be new, every minute a new challenge, you have to accept it. All these will help you with growing your creativity.
3. Travelling improves your communication skill.
- Isn’t obvious, travelling make your communication skill better, like a new place, new people, new language, without communicating you can’t survive. But still, it will improve your communication skills.
4. Travelling lowers the risk of depression.
- I guess this true, travelling gives you satisfaction. There are no worries while you start travelling. If you are depressed then it will also help you. Depression is so common in our country. Research from India journal of psychological medicine says, Depression in Children and Adolescents: A Review of Indian studies. Available data suggest that the point prevalence of depression/affective disorders ranges from 1.2% to 21% in the clinic-based studies; 3%–68% in school-based studies and 0.1%–6.94% in community studies. There has been only one incidence study from India which estimated the incidence to be 1.6%. You just can’t avoid this, it has more pain than if you have to get hurt your body.
5. Travelling help you understand yourself.
- Travelling take you out of your comfort zones as you visit a new place, new people, new food etc. then you will find yourself, who are you? what are you? Do you have the strength to push yourself outside of your comfort zone? There are many things that travelling will teach you.
There are many more things that travelling will do to you, it’s just a one-time thing you have to pack your bag and just lost in the world, everything will be just fine.
Look, in the end, we all know, we have to be on the same, so why don’t we travel and create a good album of our memories.
806 total views, 2 views today